Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Moving Sucks! continued....

Yep. It sure does. However, starting over in a new fox den does have some positives. We are certainly downsizing and that is NOT a negative in my book. My doing this it is calling into question the way I use my home. The style I want our spaces to be. Comfort and esthetics need to meet face to face and agree. I only want things that I love or that are useful in my home. All this being said I will be getting rid of a lot of things I once thought very important. I will replace them with a few key purchases that will tie my vision for our home.

Recent purchases for the new family room...
source
The moroccan shag rug that you see in every designer/blogger home these days. I'm honestly not following a trend on this one. The rug really fits with our lifestyle and the need for comfort on the new hardwood flooring being installed next week. 

This purchase is a case in which patience and lack of funds has paid off. The original rug is from West Elm for around 900 beans for a 5x7. WAY too rich for my blood. Rugs USA has had several similar and viable options for much less plus they often offer 50-75% off. I waited. And waited. And waited. The one I wanted was constantly out of stock. I called them. I emailed them. I basically stalked them. Then, one day, nine months later...this beauty appeared. And, at 50% off I got a smokin good deal on an 8x10 room sized rug. Hip hooray!

Next up is lighting for over the dining room.

Our new home has low ceilings. I mean really low. I'm used to a 22 foot high great room so the 8 foot ceilings feel like they are caving in on me. A low profile flush mount was called for. I don't usually gravitate toward an industrial look but the minimalist feel of this fixture is perfect for the space. I don't want the lighting to overtake the room and make it appear smaller. So this foot the bill for that reason as well as price. Hard to find a light fixture for $150, but I did. I'm getting the cord in gold just to glam it up a bit.

Source


I'll be back to share more on our downsizing adventure. 

Truly,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment